Soft tones, gleaming gold, and bold florals caught our eye as we explored the showrooms
High Point Market is a highlight on the interior design calendar. It’s an amazing opportunity to see a wide range of design experts together in one place, showcasing a first look at fall trends, as well as a peek at what we can expect in 2018.
We always find time during the chaotic schedule to get out and explore the exhibits. Here are some of the sights that caught our attention:
Spotted soft grey and blush tones were color trends that stood out, along with vibrant fuchsia and several variations of blue, from periwinkle and slate blue to navy. Gold is prominent in lighting and furniture. Key looks also included boho style, desaturated florals, velvet sofas in jewel tones, and tufted pieces.
Badgley Mischka Home showcased modern furniture in gold from the Monterey Collection and grey from the Doheny Collection, to match the look of the Fall 2017 runway collection. Worlds Away also showcased grey lacquer pieces, a pink velvet tufted bench, and a gold fish scale textured wall.
Craft Associates’ show-stopping piece was an elongated modern sofa in Navy. Currey & Company also showcased navy and blue hues, and a Ms. Poodle table lamp in pink and gold from the Phyllis Morris Collection.
Desaturated florals showed up in a chair print at Currey & Company and as Ellie Cashman wallpaper at Selamat Designs. The Justina Blakeney Collection for Selamat showcased Justina’s signature boho-chic jungalow style.
Nuevo introduced furniture in emerald green and midnight blue. Pianca showcased a unique chair with an abstract palm print in complimentary blush pink and green tones.
Universal Furniture introduced some colorful options with vignettes featuring a blue wall and navy tufted chairs, and a pink wall with orange and pink accents.
More insights from High Point Market
- For next time you go to High Point Market, make sure to go off the beaten path, writes High Point Market.
- High Point Market Style Spotter teams identify High Point Market trends for www.bykoketcom.
- Check out the International Trend Market’s Fall Trends from High Point.
- For buyers, some great ideas from Jenna Hall for turning trend knowledge into the perfect merchandising mix.
- Milennials “tech it up” at High Point Market to create more efficient buying strategies.